Monday, March 13, 2006

 

What I Have Learned From My Students

This past weekend I graded the essays for World War II written by my Honors World History and U.S. History classes. I learned the following:

1) Japan attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1991.

2) Japan attacked Peal Harbor with an atomic bomb which is why we wanted to nuke them.

3) Hitler killed all the Jews because they were taking food away from Germans.

4) Stalin lived his life in a Machiavellian manor (I'd like to see that house!).

5) Stalin sheared the peasants.

6) Kulak can be spelled many different ways: kutok, kuluk, kuku, koolak...

7) So can my last name: Mckindy, McKinney, McKendrick (another teacher at the school), McKindly (obviously written by an optimist), and, my favorite, McKinky.

8) The United States used the A-bomb on two Japanese cities: Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

9) Hiroshima and Nagasaki were countries that were not associated with the Japanese and should not have been bombed.

10) Stalin personally killed over 50 million people (I'd love to see his appointment calendar).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Google

Visitors to this page!

WXPort

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?