Friday, March 25, 2005

 

Good Friday

I watched the Passion last night (two and a half times) for the first time. Frankly, the Gospel of St. John (I think) relates the story of doubting Thomas. I still hope that I fall in the category of believing in both the crucifixion and the Resurrection without having "seen" evidence.

I know that I am responsible for the crucifixion. I imagine that all believers think that. If the movie helps you come to grips with that - great. As for me (and some people I talked to this morning) you cannot beat the original. I read the Douay-Rheims (sp.?) gospel of St. Matthew last night, and the Gospels of St.'s John and Luke this morning. They still do much more for me than I think any movie ever could. I suppose I prefer my mind's eye and the visuals it has and continues to create than the two-dimensional vision of Mel Gibson.

If you haven't done so already, pick up the New Testament and read one of the Passion Gospels.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Google

Visitors to this page!

WXPort

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?